We are based in a beautiful former grammar school in Thame, Oxfordshire and offer a great working environment with many opportunities for development within varying careers.
We are on a mission to completely transform the home moving experience using digital technology. A fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing property technology company. Established in 2003, ULS Technology plc is an award winning, former Tech Track 100 company now listed on the London Stock Exchange. We have regular career opportunities in the following areas:
- IT/technical development
- Business development
- Customer services
Working at ULS technology has many benefits on top of the beautiful working environment, which include a workplace pension scheme and a guaranteed death in service insurance. There are Maternity and Paternity benefits, one day paid volunteering leave to help support the local community, discounted ULS home mover services. And well, you’ll be working for us!
If you’re interested in a career at ULS technology, email us your CV and we’ll be in contact when a suitable role becomes available.
The Project Manager is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organisation.
You will have a key role in shaping a rapidly evolving business. The work is varied and complex and you will be responsible for developing, prioritising and delivering a range of projects, interfacing with all areas of the company in the process.
The role is predominantly office-based with scope to work from home and travel across the UK as appropriate and will report into the Chief Customer Officer.
- Work with the CCO (Tony Leonard) to determine, organise and deliver projects to ensure that United Legal Services applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and services and builds on its position at the forefront of the industry.
Key activities include
- Plan and implement projects.
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Identify tasks and required resources.
- Work within allocated budgets.
- Allocate project resources.
- Create project plans, schedules and timelines.
- Track deliverables and monitor and report on project progress.
- Present reports on progress to stakeholders, identifying problems and solutions.
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Evaluate and assess the results of projects.
- Manage and support project teams to make sure goals and objectives are being kept.
- Lead quality assurance and maintain standards.
- To prepare reports requested by the CCO on areas of the business, evaluating effectiveness, recommending change and assessing impact of change.
- To establish and maintain effective formal and informal relationships with major clients, introducers and industry contracts to exchange information and views and to ensure that we are providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
To provide such other duties as are reasonably ancillary or complimentary to any of the above.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Experience as a project manager, preferably with a technology component
- Knowledge of project management frameworks, techniques and tools
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Experience of effective management skills and the ability to delegate
- The ability to motivate and lead a team, including both direct reports and members of other work areas
- A high level of commercial awareness
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent desirable, but not essential
- Business Development and external Client Relationship experience desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- High levels of organisation, with the ability to work both independently and in a team
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Well-developed communication skills
- Positive, committed and flexible approach.
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Competitive salary – up to £50k, depending on experience
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays increasing to 25 days after 5 years continuous service.
- Company Social Events.
Following successful completion of probation you will be eligible to join the following;
- Death in service insurance
- Workplace pension
- Ability to buy into to the group BUPA provision.
To apply please email Tony at HR@ulstechnology.com
Technical Roles – Software Engineering & Infrastructure (All Levels)
As we are growing rapidly, we are recruiting in all areas from junior / graduate through to architect level. No agencies, please.
We are on a mission to completely transform the home moving experience using digital technology. We are doing this by building innovative web applications, that are highly usable, scalable and robust. To succeed we need smart people; highly motivated, and creative software engineers who are passionate about delivering quality software.
- We do agile, and we’re constantly improving the way we do it.
- We like full stack developers but there’s also a place for specialists.
- Of course, you will be a great problem solver with strong coding skills and a good understanding of OOD; an awareness of design patterns and SOLID design principles too.
- Ideally you will also have an appreciation for secure coding techniques, potential vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies.
Senior Software Engineers
(£45k – £55k*)
An experienced .NET developer, either currently working at senior level or looking to progress.
(£35k – £45k*)
A solid .NET developer with a minimum of three years industry experience.
Junior / Graduate Software Engineers
(£25k – £35k*)
Ideally a degree in computer science, software engineering or other numerate discipline. We offer great mentoring and training with good access to experienced senior developers and plenty of opportunities to get your hands dirty as early as possible. Most importantly we want enthusiasm, a keenness to learn, a passion for technology and a desire to do a great job working as part of a team.
(£45k – £55k*)
A software architect with solid experience of developing web-based applications using the .NET framework.
Senior Database Administrator
(£45k – £55k*)
An experienced DBA with an excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server.
To apply please send your CV, specifying which role you would like to be considered for to email@example.com
*Salary dependent on experience