We are based in a beautiful former grammar school in Thame, Oxfordshire and offer a great working environment with many opportunities for development within varying careers.
We are on a mission to completely transform the home moving experience using digital technology. A fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing property technology company. Established in 2003, ULS Technology plc is an award winning, former Tech Track 100 company now listed on the London Stock Exchange. We have regular career opportunities in the following areas:
- IT/technical development
- Business development
- Customer services
Working at ULS technology has many benefits on top of the beautiful working environment, which include a workplace pension scheme and a guaranteed death in service insurance. There are Maternity and Paternity benefits, one day paid volunteering leave to help support the local community, discounted ULS home mover services. And well, you’ll be working for us!
If you’re interested in a career at ULS technology, email us your CV and we’ll be in contact when a suitable role becomes available.
We are on a mission to completely transform the home moving experience using digital technology. We are doing this by building innovative web applications, that are highly usable, scalable and robust. To succeed we need highly motivated and dedicated technical staff who are passionate about delivering high quality service to our users.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing property technology company. Established in 2003, ULS Technology plc is an award winning, former Tech Track 100 company now listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Workplace pension scheme
- Maternity and Paternity benefits
- Death in service insurance
- One days’ paid volunteering leave
- Discounted ULS home mover services
Working within the Service Desk Team, the role sits between the Junior Support Engineers and the Team Leader. Responsibilities will include managing support desk tickets and escalations from 1st line, as well as hands-on management of a wide variety of IT systems, including Active Directory, Antivirus, Exchange server, spam and web filtering, email security and management as well as desktop build & encryption solutions.
The ideal candidate would be an accomplished engineer with proven experience within a service desk environment looking to take a step up from junior or first line support towards a second line role. This role would suit someone used to working is a fast-paced environment, supporting internal and external users. A flexible approach is desirable as the role may include some out of hours work.
- Managing and responding to all service desk tickets for logged IT issues.
- Management of support tickets for our product applications (training will be provided)
- Solution management (FDE, Web/Email filter, Antivirus, CRM System among others)
- Administration and support of internal telephony system
- Starters/Leavers management
- Customer / Supplier management
- Continuous review of all support processes and updating all relevant documentation
- Asset Management
- Assisting with delivery of IT projects
- Managing external IT suppliers
Core Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of setup/support for day-to-day office or IT networked systems (File Shares, Printers, VPN Access)
- Strong experience of managing and troubleshooting Windows Desktop (7/10) and Server (2008-2019) operating systems
- Experience working with Active Directory, Exchange (2013/2016/2019) and Office 365
- A demonstrable understanding of email and web filtering best practices, and ability to use web/email filtering & management tools (i.e. Mimecast)
- Exposure to telephony systems (programming, usage and reporting)
- Management of endpoint security solutions from varying vendors (FDE, Antivirus, 2FA)
- Familiarity with JIRA or other recognised service desk ticketing systems
- Completion of one or more industry recognised qualifications from relevant organisations (e.g. CompTIA A+, N+ or Microsoft MTA or above)
- Knowledge of endpoint/security best practices
- Experience working within an ITIL structured environment
- Experience working with and/or running SQL reports/queries
- Experience with desktop imaging/build solutions
- Patch management (WSUS/SCCM)
- Self-starter who is able to manage own workload and be comfortable taking ownership of issues/tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly on the phone, face to face and in writing
- Excellent care and attention to detail, especially under pressure
- Great customer service to both internal and external customers
- Comprehensive training will be given for areas listed as desirable if the candidate does not currently possess those skills.
Technical Roles – Software Engineering & Infrastructure (All Levels)
As we are growing rapidly, we are recruiting in all areas from junior / graduate through to architect level. No agencies, please.
We are on a mission to completely transform the home moving experience using digital technology. We are doing this by building innovative web applications, that are highly usable, scalable and robust. To succeed we need smart people; highly motivated, and creative software engineers who are passionate about delivering quality software.
- We do agile, and we’re constantly improving the way we do it.
- We like full stack developers but there’s also a place for specialists.
- Of course, you will be a great problem solver with strong coding skills and a good understanding of OOD; an awareness of design patterns and SOLID design principles too.
- Ideally you will also have an appreciation for secure coding techniques, potential vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies.
Senior Software Engineers
(£45k – £55k*)
An experienced .NET developer, either currently working at senior level or looking to progress.
(£35k – £45k*)
A solid .NET developer with a minimum of three years industry experience.
Junior / Graduate Software Engineers
(£25k – £35k*)
Ideally a degree in computer science, software engineering or other numerate discipline. We offer great mentoring and training with good access to experienced senior developers and plenty of opportunities to get your hands dirty as early as possible. Most importantly we want enthusiasm, a keenness to learn, a passion for technology and a desire to do a great job working as part of a team.
(£45k – £55k*)
A software architect with solid experience of developing web-based applications using the .NET framework.
Senior Database Administrator
(£45k – £55k*)
An experienced DBA with an excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server.
To apply please send your CV, specifying which role you would like to be considered for to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Salary dependent on experience