We are based in a beautiful former grammar school in Thame, Oxfordshire and offer a great working environment with many opportunities for development within varying careers.
We are on a mission to completely transform the home moving experience using digital technology. A fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing property technology company. Established in 2003, ULS Technology plc is an award winning, former Tech Track 100 company now listed on the London Stock Exchange. We have regular career opportunities in the following areas:
- IT/technical development
- Business development
- Customer services
Working at ULS technology has many benefits on top of the beautiful working environment, which include a workplace pension scheme and a guaranteed death in service insurance. There are Maternity and Paternity benefits, one day paid volunteering leave to help support the local community, discounted ULS home mover services. And well, you’ll be working for us!
If you’re interested in a career at ULS technology, email us your CV and we’ll be in contact when a suitable role becomes available.
- Deliver incremental business from client relationships
- Source new valuable client relationships
- Build and sustain effective working relationships with external key stakeholders
- Represent ULS Technology in an external facing capacity
- Have a perceptive understanding of client’s needs to be able to deliver a compelling solution
- Work as a team member in a sales-driven environment
- Effectively communicate both externally and with internal teams
- Disciplined approach to account management
- Timely update of internal CRM systems
- Work closely with the Head of Sales to support delivery of key strategic goals
- Regular analysis of MI to be able to provide comprehensive detail on client performance and drive performance
- Ensure service standards are maintained and improved and to drive value
- Ensure best practise in line with company objectives
- Continually strive to exceed both personal and corporate performance goals
- Proven track record in sales and negotiation skills
- The ability to be able to handle objections effectively
- Understanding of financial services
- Knowledge of the conveyancing market
- Understanding of sectors within the mortgage market
- Must be self-motivated
- Diary planning and time management
- Accomplished at communicating in various formats incl. presentation skills
- Customer service excellence
- Must be prepared to travel and stay away from home where required and reasonable
- Must have a low ego approach
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours where the role requires
This role would report into the Head of Sales.
Competitive salary – DOE
With this company you will work together with a team to develop transformational products for large financial institutions. The organisation is focused on maximising customers experiences, often extending the limits of current industry thinking.
- Own the customer experience of the client-facing applications and ensure a consistent and coherent approach across the products
- Translate conceptual ideas into wireframes, low and high-fidelity screen designs to bring solutions to life
- Carry out user research, interviews, usability tests, and surveys to gather critical user information
- Develop new and improve on existing workflows to ensure web-based applications are as intuitive, functional, user-friendly and responsive as possible
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to formulate the long term design vision of the company’s products and to understand the high level requirements of individual development projects.
- Define, document, communicate and reinforce UX guidelines and UX design principles throughout the organisation.
- Conduct research into UX industry trends and new topics of interest.
- Several years of UI/UX experience, ideally across multiple platforms.
- A demonstrable portfolio of high-quality UI/UX design work.
- Experience in delivering UX or Service design projects across a combination of web, intranet, native mobile, tablet and responsive experiences and demonstrated knowledge of the challenges of doing so.
- Strong hands on design, wire framing and prototyping skills.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and rationale behind them.
- Experience in designing, planning and facilitating user research and user testing in order to discover, capture, and document the needs of end-users, and taking ownership of them during the delivery lifecycle.
- You will have a fantastic eye for detail with a very good understanding of the key principles of Software User Experience.
- Experience working with and/or creating design systems and UX guidelines
- Great interpersonal and collaboration skills – including effective management of internal stakeholders.
- Experience in using UX design tools (i.e. Axure, Adobe XD, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc.)
- A self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure and to work independently at times.
- A working knowledge of front-end development practices and tools including HTML and CSS.
- Experience of working closely with front-end and full-stack developers.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment (Scrum).
- A technical degree or Business Analyst qualification (i.e. BCS or ISEB).
- Exposure to the property market including the financial and legal aspects.
To assist with the day to day operations of the Brand function.
We’re a small team, so you’ll be hands on and play a key role in increasing the visibility of ULS technology brands.
We’re looking for a creative thinking individual who also wants to be a team player.
Branding & Identity Design
- Brand Sheet creation and maintenance
- Ensuring brand logos are updated on internal systems, when required
- Ensure consistency of branding across all internal and external presentations
- Correct font usage, in line with brand guidelines
- Current/up to date diagrams/infographics used
- Ensure correct usage of logos, in line with brand guidelines
- Creation of graphics for usage across our online platforms
- Crop and artwork images where necessary
- Support Digital Marketing team with email icon design requirements
- Support Digital Marketing team with social media graphics
- Take ownership of company stationery (edit and print)
- Edit and update a range of marketing collateral (maintaining and managing version numbers)
- Stock checks and maintain stock levels
- Order collateral reprints
- Assist with all event collateral including:-
- Preparation and packing of event collateral
- Research current trends of giveaways and report back to marketing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
- A keen eye for detail
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
- Previous design experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Perform other related duties as and when required
- Understanding of PDF workflows
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Understanding and/or experience in digital advertising a plus
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Manage day to day financial administration activities to support the needs of the business
- Monthly manual invoicing for various contracts and ad-hoc sales made
- Processing Direct Debits
- Dealing with all failed Direct Debits
- Responsible for Sage 200 SL allocations (manual and system)
- Take ownership of the credit control function, liaising with various teams in the business
- Post PL overhead invoices monthly
- Process all PL overhead invoices for payment
- Responsible for Sage 200 PL allocations (manual and system)
- Staff expenses (processing and paying)
- Staff credit cards (processing)
- Assisting with annual financial audit
- Supporting continuous improvements to accounting/reporting processes, working closely with the I.T department.
- Continuous improvement philosophy
- Self-starter and happy to self-manage
- Ability to build relationships across departments at all levels
- Good communication skills
- Desire to take ownership. If there is a better way, do it
- An understanding of other departments and how they work
- Team player that looks to develop others as well as themselves
- Knowledge of Sage 200, 50
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to use bespoke system
- AAT Qualified or part qualified (desirable, not essential)
Technical Roles – Software Engineering & Infrastructure (All Levels)
As we are growing rapidly, we are recruiting in all areas from junior / graduate through to architect level. No agencies, please.
We are on a mission to completely transform the home moving experience using digital technology. We are doing this by building innovative web applications, that are highly usable, scalable and robust. To succeed we need smart people; highly motivated, and creative software engineers who are passionate about delivering quality software.
- We do agile, and we’re constantly improving the way we do it.
- We like full stack developers but there’s also a place for specialists.
- Of course, you will be a great problem solver with strong coding skills and a good understanding of OOD; an awareness of design patterns and SOLID design principles too.
- Ideally you will also have an appreciation for secure coding techniques, potential vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies.
Senior Software Engineers
(£45k – £55k*)
An experienced .NET developer, either currently working at senior level or looking to progress.
(£35k – £45k*)
A solid .NET developer with a minimum of three years industry experience.
Junior / Graduate Software Engineers
(£25k – £35k*)
Ideally a degree in computer science, software engineering or other numerate discipline. We offer great mentoring and training with good access to experienced senior developers and plenty of opportunities to get your hands dirty as early as possible. Most importantly we want enthusiasm, a keenness to learn, a passion for technology and a desire to do a great job working as part of a team.
(£45k – £55k*)
A software architect with solid experience of developing web-based applications using the .NET framework.
Senior Database Administrator
(£45k – £55k*)
An experienced DBA with an excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server.
To apply please send your CV, specifying which role you would like to be considered for to email@example.com
*Salary dependent on experience